Thank you for your warm support!
Thanks to the warm support of many people from around the world, we were successfully able to reach and exceed our crowdfunding goal results and exceed the target.
We would like to sincerely thank everyone for their support.
Crowdfunding Total: 5,571,620 yen
No. of Supporters: 705 people
With your warm support, we will continue to do our utmost to deliver energy and smiles to everyone in the world through EC in the coming years.
We look forward to seeing you in Sado next year!
ー Earth Celebration Office
Lingering Images of Earth Celebration
It’s hard to find the words to describe EC 2020, the 33rd annual Earth Celebration. We managed to hold a festival in times like these, and that alone has left me feeling quietly moved.
Four months ago, we decided to hold EC entirely online, with no in-person audience. From that decision onwards, we were all trying to figure out how to make a virtual festival feel real. I watched Kodo’s performers and staff create all the content, saw the design and video contributions pour in, and saw the online workshops and marketplace come to life. Throughout that process, I saw everyone mingling together apart and I realized that it wasn’t a “virtual” event: an actual EC was taking shape.
During the main three days of the festival, although we couldn’t have the audience here in the same space, we were able to reach people around the world in real time. As I watched their comments flow in, I could feel that everyone was together at this festival. It made my heart flutter with joy.
We were there as hosts and the participants joined us, but our connection went far deeper than that. Each and every person was there to connect with one another. I was moved over and over again as I witnessed everyone creating the festival together. Another great outcome this year was that people tuned in from over 40 countries, so we were able to share the many charms of Sado Island with the world.
Lastly, this year EC was made possible by generous grants, sponsors, EC supporters, and for the first time ever, a crowdfunding campaign. We were able to reach our crowdfunding target thanks to everyone’s support. I am truly grateful to you all for helping us make this year’s festival a success and for driving us forward towards EC next year, too. Thank you very much. I would also like to thank everyone who helped us hold the festival online, everyone who helped us film the content, the people of Sado Island, and everyone who took part together at home.
While it’s difficult to see what lies ahead in these uncertain times, we can take the energy we exchanged during Earth Celebration this year and use it to nourish the seeds of togetherness we felt sprout at the festival. Let’s keep the spirit of EC alive as we all look forward to seeing those seeds bloom next time.
Take care until we meet again next year.
Earth Celebration Executive Producer
- Thank you for your warm support!
- Thank you to everyone joined EC 2020!
- Update on Online Exhibition: “Living, Learning, and Creating 2020”
- EC Online Market is closing soon!
- EC 2020 Timetable Updated!
- For anyone who missed out on the EC Channel Live-Stream!
- Earth Celebration Countermeasures for COVID-19
- Online Exhibition: “Living, Learning, and Creating 2020” is now OPEN
- Earth Celebration Channel – Live-stream URL released!
- EC Site Renewal plus Online Market Now Open!
- Announcement No. 3 | EC Channel Programme & Timetable Now Available!
- EC 2020 T-shirt Design Winner Announced!
- Applications for Online Workshops & EC Online Market Stalls now open!
- Announcement No. 2 | Lineup of EC 2020 Online Events
- Seeking original designs from around the world for this year’s EC t-shirt!
- Announcement No. 1 | Kodo All-Star Special Performance
- Announcement of EC 2020 Event Details Postponed Until Late May
- Official photo gallery for Earth Celebration 2019