Announcement No. 2 | Lineup of EC 2020 Online Events
This year's online event will be brimming with exciting content for you to enjoy at home via Earth Celebration Channel on YouTube.
We’re planning an action-packed seven-hour programme for all three days of EC!
The main highlight of the EC 2020 lineup will be the "Kodo All-Star Special Performance," coming to you live from Sado Island on Sunday August 23 at 17:00 (Japan Standard Time/GMT +9).
EC 2020 will also offer online workshops, market stalls, and other festive content.
Further details about the EC Channel content and timetable will be uncovered in our 3rd announcement in late July.
With only two months left until we reveal the new-look EC to the world, we are working hard to make it a special event for everyone who tunes in. We cannot wait to see you all there!
Join us online for EC 2020!
- Main Event: Aug. 21 (Fri)ーAug. 23 (Sun)
Note: Workshops will be held in advance and we’ll be sharing pre-event video content in the lead up to EC, too.
- How to Tune In
- EC 2020 will be streamed live on the official EC YouTube Channel
We will share content in the lead up to EC, too, so subscribe now to get notified when the festivities kick off!
To reach a wider audience, we are also looking into other platforms where we can stream the content alongside our YouTube broadcast. We’ll announce any updates on our news page and social media channels.
- Free-to-View Content
- This year, you can enjoy most of the EC lineup for free online. In this unprecedented year, we’re looking forward to welcoming more people than ever to EC from throughout Japan and all over the world! Please spread the word and save the dates to tune in with your friends.
*Note: Registration fees are required to join online workshops. Limited spaces available.
- Introducing "Earth Celebration Channel"
- From Aug. 21 (Fri) through Aug. 23 (Sun) from 14:00ー21:00* daily, we will be broadcasting our festival programme from Sado Island to the world via livestream on "Earth Celebration Channel."
We’re planning an action-packed seven-hour programme for all three days, each with its own unique theme: Day 1 is "KODO," Day 2 is "SADO," and Day 3 is "EARTH."
Tune in with your family and friends, connect with people around the world, and enjoy the festival together online.
The programme timetable and content will be announced in late July.
*Japan Standard Time/ GMT +9
- EC Workshops Go Online!
- For the first time ever, all EC workshops will be held online!
Get ready to move to Kodo One Earth Music track "Shunpuu" with Kodo's queen of dance, Chieko Kojima, and join Kodo members Masami Miyazaki (a.k.a. Sammy) and Jun Jidai for a workshop with a twist!
There’s also a chance to experience Onidaiko, one of the beloved folk arts of Sado Island.
If you’re based in Japan, there’s a special opportunity to learn performance techniques for playing Roland's electronic taiko “TAIKO-1” with Kodo members Reo Kitabayashi and Mizuki Yoneyama.
*This year's workshops will be held online in the weeks leading up to EC. During EC, we plan to stream some snippets of the workshops held prior.
CHECK OUT THE LINEUP
- Hold a Stall at EC Online Market
- EC’s market is going online, too! If you would like to hold an online stall at EC 2020, please get in touch!
*The online market will open a few days before EC on August 17 (Mon).
- More Ways to Enjoy EC Online!
- In the lead up to EC, get a taste of Sado by browsing the offerings at EC Online Market. There will be online exhibitions and pre-EC video content to get you feeling festive ahead of the main event, too!
(Details will be announced in late July)
- Get Involved in EC!
- ・Share a design for the Official EC T-shirt! APPLICATIONS CLOSED
・Share your "Kodo One Earth Music" videos for a special collaborative project that will be streamed as part of the Day 3—Earth programme. APPLICATIONS OPEN UNTIL JULY 20
- Support EC
- We will be collecting donations by way of a crowdfunding campaign.
The crowdfunding page will be launched on July 20 (Mon).
Your contribution will help us ensure EC continues in the years to come. Thank you in advance for your generosity!